Download PDF version *Updated 4/4/2017*
- WARRANTY PERIODS:
- Long Blocks used for personal noncommercial boats- 24 months.
- Long Blocks used for commercial boats- 6 months or 200 hours, whichever occurs first.
- Self Installed Long Blocks- 12 months
- All Short Blocks- 6 months or 200 hours, whichever occurs first.
Warranty Period A- Advanced Marine Engines will reimburse to the original retail consumer purchaser for authorized repairs made and will supply the necessary parts. For the first 12 months payment is limited to $60.00/hour times the standard flat rate. Warranty reimbursement is limited to $600.00 in all circumstances. For the second 12 months payment is limited to $30.00/hour times the standard flat rate. Warranty reimbursement is limited to $300.00 in all circumstances. Diagnostic time is included as part of the standard flat rate time.
Warranty Period B- Advanced Marine Engine will reimburse to the original retail consumer purchaser for authorized repairs made and will supply the necessary parts. Payment is limited to $60.00/hour times the standard flat rate. Warranty reimbursement is limited to $600.00 in all circumstances. Diagnostic time is included as part of the standard flat rate time.
Warranty Period C- Advanced Marine Engine will reimburse to the original retail consumer purchaser for authorized repairs made and will supply the necessary parts. Payment is limited to $30.00/hour times the standard flat rate. Warranty reimbursement is limited to $300.00 in all circumstances. Diagnostic time is included as part of the standard flat rate time.
Warranty Period D- No labor reimbursement is included. New lifters and oil pump must be installed with the short block or the warranty is void.
- EXTENSION AND SCOPE OF WARRANTY.
- Advanced Marine Engine warrants to the original retail consumer purchaser of our product that each such product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the above applicable warranty period starting from date of original purchase. Overheating, detonation, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, defects in parts not supplied by us, aftermarket add ons, repairs or alterations outside of our designed facilities, lack of proper maintenance or incorrect installation voids warranty.
- We limit all implied warranties to the above applicable warranty period. WE SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR DEATH, INJURIES TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, OR FOR INCIDENTAL, CONTINGENT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM USE OF OUR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING DOWNTIME, OR LOSS OF USE OF PRODUCT, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES. Warranty does not cover damage to transmissions, engine components or other parts or associated parts, cost of capital, substitute assemblies, labor or services, towing, substitute transportation expenses, lifting charges, dock or storage charges, lodging, food, loss of fluids, telephone, freight charges, sales tax on any repairs or parts and/or any customer claims for such damages. Warranty covers failure of a covered part to perform the function for which it was designed, due solely to defect in materials or faulty workmanship of that covered part. Gaskets or seals installed by Advanced Marine Engine are warranted for six months. We do not warranty any parts not installed by Advanced Marine Engine. Warranty does not include gradual reduction in operating performance due to normal wear and tear.
- You must give us written notice, at our address (Advanced Marine Engine, 601 East E St, Casper, WY 82601) of any alleged defects before the end of the applicable warranty period, and, upon our request, make the alleged defective product available, at your expense to the location we designate. If it is determined that there is no defect or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our limited warranty, then you must bear the costs of storing and returning the products to you. If it is determined that the defect is covered by our warranty, then Advanced Marine Engine will authorize repair or replacement of the product, at our election, or we may elect to refund the purchase price, excluding any labor. At no time will charges exceed 2/3 dealer cost of original motor.
- There is no warranty unless a completed warranty registration card was returned to Advanced Marine Engine, 601 East E St, Casper, WY 82601. It is the customer’s responsibility to sign and complete the warranty registration card and return it no later than 30 days from the date of installation.
- For commercial boats the hour meter must be verifiable and in working order or warranty is void.
- A reference number from Advanced Marine Engine must be received before any work is done, or warranty is void. This number must appear on your repair order. Advanced Marine Engine must have proof of the warranty labor payment documented by Advanced Marine Engine’s serial number and authorization number, the date of the repair, hours of the boat and paid in full copies of the retail engine purchase and warranty bill. The customer MUST sign the copy of the warranty repair bill, and the signature MUST match the signature on the warranty registration card in Advanced Marine Engine’s file for any warranty consideration.
- Repair work must be guaranteed by the person or company doing the work.
- This agreement shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Wyoming. Exclusive Jurisdiction and Venue for any dispute which arises under this agreement, or otherwise between the Parties hereto, shall be exclusively in a court of competent subject matter jurisdiction in Natrona County, Wyoming. If suit regarding any dispute between the Parties to this Agreement is brought by a Party in a Jurisdiction other than Natrona County, Wyoming, the Party bringing suit agrees that it shall pay the responding Party’s attorney fees, cost and expenses associated in the response to the suit.
- This limited warranty is extended to the original purchaser only, and is not transferable or assignable. Warranty is void if the engine is transferred to another vessel.
- Maintenance records must be kept and shown upon request. If the engine uses an oil cooler and the engine failed either catastrophically or due to bearing failure, the oil cooler must be replaced and the oil lines removed and thoroughly flushed or replaced